Asp.net is one of the leading web application development framework allowing programmers to build dynamic web sites, web applications and web services. It was developed and launched by Microsoft. Currently there are millions of developers, and significant amount of software development companies opting for asp.net development for their development needs. It was released in January 2002 with version 1.0 with the current version 4.0. It is based on the.net framework and is the descendant to Microsoft’s Active Server Pages technology. Furthermore, it is built on the Common Language Runtime (CLR) giving freedom to programmers to write its code using any supported.net language.
Some of the major advantages of Asp.net development could be classified as under:
• As it is a part of Microsoft technologies, so a programmer could be rest assured with the quality of services. In addition, a programmer could also get support from Microsoft.
• Serves as one of the prominent solutions in designing robust and dynamic web sites, web applications and web services.
• Frequently updated by Microsoft to meet the cutting-edge technological requirements and a developer could download these updates as and when required.
• Can be cross-linked with various other technological frameworks such as C, C++, C#, JAVA/AJAX, Flash/Flex, and many others.
• Cross-browser compatibility as the solutions provided could work on multiple browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.
• Gives freedom to the programmers to write the asp.net code in any.net framework because of its Common Language Runtime advantage.
• SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) extension framework, which allows its components to process SOAP messages.
• It is used by millions of users around the globe, proving it as a prominent widget for the development process.
• Support of themes, templates, add-ons and plugins, along with several other advantages.
Apart from these, there are several other advantages, which can be availed by its programmers, in their development process.
Asp.net development could provide thriving solutions in the following categories:
-> Business and corporate website
-> Social/ business/ community networking website
-> Solutions for web-based application
-> Custom CMS (Content Management System)
-> Custom CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
-> And several other solutions, customized to meet individual/ business specific requirements.